- Email your scholarship winner to personally congratulate them!
- Determine how you want to disburse scholarship funds, either directly mailing a check to the scholarship winner or directly mailing a check to their college financial aid office
- If you decide to directly mail a check to the scholarship winner, make sure to ask for: Address, Thank you letter (optional)
- If you decide to directly mail a check to the student's college financial aid office, make sure to ask the student for: Specific instructions from college on how to submit scholarship funds (this varies for each college), Student ID number (usually needs to be written on check), Thank you letter (optional). Please note that disbursing to their college financial aid office likely will displace any financial aid the student already receives.
- Going Merry automatically notifies all non-winners 3 months after the deadline has passed so you don't need to!
- If you would like to recreate your scholarship for next year, just email email@example.com with any updates you'd like to make to your scholarship.
If you fundraised through your Going Merry scholarship page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so our accounting department can send you a check for the fundraised amount. Note that the payment processing company takes a small credit card fee (3%). Going Merry does not take a fee from your fundraised amount.