There are thousands of scholarships out there big and small! As a counselor you receive dozens of emails from scholarship provider near and far asking you to share their scholarship.
If you have local scholarships that you are not involved in administering:
- You can add those to Going Merry directly here or from within your counselor portal here!
- Within 1 week, we will review it to make sure that all of the information is complete. If everything looks good, we’ll add it to our platform and send you an email notification.
- We can only upload local scholarships to our site if there’s a clear scholarship provider email address listed. This is where we will direct students’ completed applications.
If you are the administrator for your local scholarship program:
If you are the administrator for your school’s scholarship program, the process is a little different. Sign up for a live webinar and read this help article to learn how to host your scholarship program on Going Merry!
What local scholarships can be added to Going Merry?
Many scholarships are offered by local organizations, foundations, businesses, churches, etc. that accept applications via email. These scholarship applications are typically emailed to you annually, stored in your counseling office, or listed on your counseling department's website.
A local scholarship must meet these requirements in order to be suggested to Going Merry:
- An email address is easily apparent that Going Merry can submit completed applications to. After an eligible student submits an application, it is immediately emailed along with any attached supporting documents to the scholarship provider.
Unfortunately, we typically cannot add the following types of scholarships:
- Large national or state level scholarships. We're separately working on partnering with these larger scholarship foundations! Learn more here.
- We unfortunately cannot add scholarships where the applications are required to be submitted via snail mail, in person, online form, or other website requiring an account. We're working on supporting these other types of scholarships in the future!
After these scholarships are added to Going Merry, how do my students see and apply to these scholarships?
Your students can see all of these local scholarships within the "Local Scholarships" section in their student portal (see images below):